DIY Literacy Video Series - Episode 5
KEEP YOUR DIY TOOLS COMING! As you make your own DIY teaching tools,please share them by…
- Using the hashtag #DIYLiteracy when you post them on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Upload your teaching tool to our DIY Literacy Google Drive Folder for others to see OR
- You can also email the photo of your teaching tool here firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to post them for you.
Here is a list of our social media sites so we can stay connected:
- Twitter @teachkate and @MaggieBRoberts
- Facebook Page, Indent
- Pinterest Page, Indent Blog
Each week we tackle a new problem that you sent in. Then, we match that problem with a teaching tool that can help. This week's problem is from Los Angeles, CA sent to us from Angela Bae, a literacy coach.
Problem of the Week – We've all been there. We are sitting with a student and are left struggling to figure out what to teach him or her! This week's problem focuses on teaching and conferring with higher level readers. It's the struggle to know what to teach more proficient readers, especially if we don't have a ton of background knowledge on reading strategies, skills or literary practices.
Teaching Tool of the Week – A Student-Led Bookmark
You can find a download of the teaching tool here.
Thanks for watching!
-Kate and Maggie
[vimeo 164494317 w=640 h=360] <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/164494317">DIY Literacy Episode 5</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user50344348">Kate & Maggie Roberts</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>