DIY Literacy Video Series - Episode Three
Welcome to the third episode of our DIY Literacy video series. Something great is happening - people are starting to share and send in their own versions of teaching tools that we've been featuring in this series! Like this one, from Tricia Ebarviain Berwyn, PA:
KEEP YOUR DIY TOOLS COMING! As you make your own DIY teaching tools,please share them. Let's create a digital gallery of your teaching tools by...
- Using the hashtag #DIYLiteracy when you post them on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Upload your teaching tool to our DIY Literacy Google Drive Folder for others to see OR
- You can also email the photo of your teaching tool here firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to post them for you.
Here is a list of our social media sites so we can stay connected:
- Twitter @teachkate and @MaggieBRoberts
- Facebook Page, Indent
- Pinterest Page, Indent Blog
As you know, each week we tackle a new problem that you sent in. Then, we match that problem with a teaching tool that can help. We are featuring a different tool this week based on the problem sent in from Jen from CT, a 6th grade reading teacher at Mansfield Middle School:
Problem of the Week – Students are successful at stating an opinion or thought and then giving the appropriate text evidence as support. However, they are struggling to explain why the evidence supports their opinion or thought. They are struggling with analysis of evidence.
Teaching Tool of the Week – A Micro-Progression
You can find a download of the teaching tool here.
Thanks for watching!
-Kate and Maggie
[vimeo 162706681 w=500 h=281] <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/162706681">DIY Literacy Video Series Episode 3</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user50344348">Kate & Maggie Roberts</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>