Close Reading Blog-a-Thon!
In honor of our upcoming book, Falling in Love with Close Reading: Lessons for Analyzing Texts--And Life, Chris Lehman (@iChrisLehman) and I invite you to join us for a 7-week blogger community conversation about close reading practices and our classrooms.
It's a Close Reading-Palooza!
- What Close Reading Is Not (Or At Least Shouldn't Be)
- The Five Corners of the Text: Personal Experience and Text-Based Close Reading
- Why Would Anyone Ever Want to Close Read Nonfiction?
- Writing About Close Reading
- Close Talking is as Important as Close Reading
- Close Reading Our Lives: Making Practices Relevant and Real
- and more!
We have lots to share, however there is so much to say, think, do, debate, problem solve, and question, that we would like to invite you to JOIN our Blog-a-thon with your own posts.
Here's how it works:
- Any time over the next 7-weeks write a post (or multiple posts) on the topic of close reading (could be in response to someone else's post, raise a debate, answer a question, share your own experiences).
- Each time you post add this button to your page and be sure it links back here (the Contributors' Page).
- Then comment on any post on our blog or Chris' with a link to your own post so anyone can click back to it.
- We will also grab selected posts (URL links) from the comments to add to the Blog Contributors page**
- If you tweet your post include the hashtag #CloseReading
We are excited to learn along with you!
Kate and Chris
**Disclaimer: All opinions, discussions, debates, posts, videos, and photos will be considered for the "contributor" page pending they are free from offensive language, libel, slander, whose main purpose is to sell a product, is a broken link, or otherwise deemed inappropriate by us or raised as such by members of the community. All decisions for posting these links on the "Contributors" page are made by us and are final, however we accept no responsibility for content or reliability of links that leave our respective blogs. The original poster is owner of their post and solely controls content , including any such content that may infringe upon copyright law.